Saturday, February 27, 2016

SC QSO Party 2016

OMy first QSO Party and first as a rover.  I operated in Greenville, Spartanburg, Cherokee and Union counties.


The Kx3 running on LiFePo with solar recharger.  I used a voltage booster to keep the supply voltage constant at 13.8 volts.


The antenna is just an inverted L.  I used the tuner in the KXPA to keep the rig happy.  This was at Bethel Baptist Church in Spartanburg.

My claimed score is 25770 with operating time of 4 .3 hours and driving or having lunch for close to 6 hours according to N1MM.  Dave WN4AFP indicated I needed to correct my Cabrillo file since I did not indicate the counties I was in as a rover.  Upon correction, my scores as analyzed by the SCQP computer jumped from 25770 to over 31000 - to think what would have happened if I had not gotten kicked out of the Cowpens Battlefield park by the ranger not once but twice.  That cost me 1/2 hour at least.   Granted it takes me 10 minutes to setup but I have to drive to a new site each time.  Each time the park ranger shows up just as I was QRV.   Well Margo Blewett (park ranger) blew it for my NPOTA activations for the day since I have to be in NPS grounds for the activation to be valid.   My tax dollars at work - I needed proof of liability insurance to conduct an NPOTA activation.  


No comments:

Post a Comment