Wednesday, March 3, 2010

First HF QSO

Now that the G5RV is up about 60 ft up in the air at the apex in an inverted V where the ends are about 20 ft above the ground - I was able to make my first set of contacts.

Radio: Kenwood TS830s
Power: 50 watts
QSO #1: Maritime Mobile Service Net on 20m at 14.300 MHz W8GEO George Shaffer operating portable out of Missouri picked me up on the relay. I was S8 on receive with good audio.

QSO #2: AA1KS - Rick Emmert from a lighthouse in Moose Island, Maine on 14.2775 MHz. WX in Maine is snowing. He will send me a QSL card to confirm contact.

QSO #3: W9OAW - Ralph from northern Wisconsin on a quarter wave groundplane vertical - with 500W on a linear amplifier.

QSO#4: WP5DB - Beryl Nelson operating from a sailboat 45 miles from Haiti on 14.300 MHz as a check-in to the Maritime Marine Mobile Service Net.

No comments:

Post a Comment