Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Great Ragchew with K4EJQ on 160m

Bunky is a 72 year old ham but great still with his paddle.    He slows down for others which is very courteous when others are slower.    He sped up for me since I was running about 24 wpm.  He has a great setup with a K9AY and an inverted L and was running 1 KW on a home brewed amp.  He told me my signal was strong into TN about 544 miles away.  So it looks like TX antenna is getting out even on nearby stations.  He has been an active ham for longer than I am alive.  He also has an 18 element beam on a 100 foot boom for 6 m just 20 ft off the ground.   We must have carried on for 20 minutes - maybe longer....Tnx for the great QSO Bunky and CUAGN down the log.

1 comment:

  1. I like the last sentence on his QRZ page: NO COMPUTERS IN MY HAM SHACK: IF MY FINGERS DIDN'T SEND IT AND MY EARS DIDN'T HEAR IT---IT DIDN'T HAPPEN !!!!

    Truly HAM radio from the heart. 73, Bas

    ReplyDelete